What am I doing?
Have you ever asked yourself this question while you’re trying to figure out a marketing strategy?
Sometimes it seems like beating your head against the wall will get a better result than what you’ve been trying on social media.
Did you know there is a constant in social media?
It’s the people.
Marketing can change, relationships change, brands, businesses, etc. But the one thing which always stays the same is the people. I’m talking about the brain to be specific.
The brain controls all of the targeted functions you can use to convert, make sales, or get engagement on your social media accounts. Let’s talk about it.
The Law of Attraction
Your marketing strategy will always change until you get the right recipe for success. The first thing you want to consider with your marketing is the people. Specifically how they see you and who/what you represent.
The Law of Attraction creates a presence for your brand online in a point where your audience understands your motives and reasoning behind why you do what you do.
In order to regulate this law, you must first understand the ever changing preferences of your audience. This is why you always hear experts say engagement is key to building relationships with your target market.
A great investment of your time will be spent on the social media platform of choice in order to get close to your prospects.
Have a conversation for cripes sake!
Don’t leave everything to automation. It takes all of the personality out of your engagement and keeps your audience at arm’s length.
While it may seem insignificant and simple, finding where your audience congregates and mixing it up with them is just as important as your landing page strategy. It’s the first step to your funnel. How can one click on your link unless they trust you and become attracted to your brand?
These are the first steps.
Let’s take that funnel I just talked about. You want to guide the prospect down the tube until they purchase, opt in, or convert, right?
Marketing in itself is a huge funnel. From the time you step into the arena of your specific niche until the time you hear Paypal ding on your phone. I believe strongly it goes like this:
- Set up persona’s for your business (people your brand will impact).
- Find your ‘person’ on social or other medium.
- Greet your ‘person’ and begin helping them – this is the ‘Awareness’ phase of the funnel
- Interest begins to develop
- Through a process of time and events where you have consistently given valuable information, trust begins to form.
- Consideration is given towards your specific product or service through free trials, ebooks, etc.
- Intent – where your ‘person’ decides they need help
- ‘Person’ evaluates or weighs their options by comparing you with someone else like you. This is where consistency comes in handy. If you do it right here, the decision to go down your funnel is easier for them.
Over To You
Some of the simplest ideas usually work the best. You’re comfortable with them and you’re good at them. Don’t think for a second something won’t work just because it seems too good to be true.
Always work with what you have.
Stop being someone else. Be yourself and the right kind of audience will be attracted to what you have to say and sell.
The brain is a curious creature. It is one of the most advanced creations in our universe, yet we hate change. Your audience is waiting to be attracted to what you have to offer. While all of your advanced marketing strategies could still work well, there’s nothing stronger than good old fashioned conversation and help when it comes to building your brand on social media.
Latest posts by Wade Harman (see all)
- How to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service Through Staff Development - May 30, 2017
- How Real Estate Agents Are Using Drones To Improve Their Business - May 28, 2017
- An Informative Guide to Cloud Services - May 9, 2017